Note: This recipe came from the fatfreevegan website.
These shots are before and after baking.I know the finished product is not what they call food porn, but it sure tastes good.
This is a very good dinner. I have made some changes to the original recipe. I use butternut instead of pumpkin. (It was good with pumpkin, but butternut is easier to get.)
I replace the tahini with raw cashews cause I can't stand tahini.(I would use raw cashew butter, but I can't find it anywhere.) The first time I made I used tahini- it was ok- ang liked it both ways.
I use arrowroot instead of cornstarch.
I also add chopped spinach to the filling, and omit the salt.
I think the filling and sauce would be good to make stuffed peppers. I would chop the squash in the food processor, and add it to the bean mixture. I would leave green peppers out of the filling. Use the mixture to stuff green peppers, top with sauce, and bake. might even add some brown rice? could sub kidney beans for black just for color.
No comments:
Post a Comment