Saturday, December 13, 2008

veggie chili

I decided to make a veggie chili instead of soup this week. Here's what I did...
sauteed some green peppers, onions (yellow and purple), celery, and garlic. I also added a shallot.

When they were about done, I added the spices: chili powder, parsley, and chipolte.
Next I added a can of chopped tomatoes, can of tomato sauce, three different types of beans, green beans, butternut squash, and zucchini. This is just a mix of stuff that has been in the fridge and needed to be cooked.

Bring it to a boil, cover and simmer till done.
Note for next time: add butternut squash with the peppers and onions cause they take longer to cook.

3 comments:

Ariele O'Brien said...

What is a shallot? And if you imagine hard enough the chunks of butternut squash look like chunks of cheese for your chili. Just kidding. Cheese is the hardest thing to give up for me.

crabbylove said...

A shallot looks like a small onion, but tastes like a cross between onion and garlic. mild. I just wanted to try them. They're ok.
Cheese was hard at first. Probably the hardest for me. Now the smell of it always puts me off. Kind of sour, I don't know. I feel better without it.

Ariele O'Brien said...

Oh, there's no doubt that cheese is not good for anyone and we'd all feel better without it, but its so hard to give up!! I like cheese. I'm like Forrest's friend with the shrimp--I like cheese and crackers, cheese dip, spread, on sandwiches, grilled, melted, plain... I'm glad you're detoxified from it and no longer even like the smell of it. Maybe someday I will too.

Vitamin Wheel

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs