Tuesday, January 6, 2009

matthew 6

Well this has been an interesting week so far and its only Tues night:
  1. I have to see my homebound student for 6 hours a week after work. He is a pretty nice kid, but his parents smoke the entire time and I have only been there once this week so far and I already have a sore throat. Can I bring a rag or something to cover my face and get away with it?
  2. The teacher in the next classroom died over the weekend. We were not close friends, but we were work acquaintances, and spoke with each other often. She was about my age and had a small child. That's not the worst part. This is hard to type, but she killed herself. She hung herself in her garage.
  3. Ange's back doctor admitted that he really does not know what wrong, but "something is not right." He needs to do more tests. This is after thousands of dollars worth of apparently useless shots and hundreds and hundreds of dollars of co-payments that we did not really have laying around, not to mention all the missed hours (and pay) at work.
  4. On a lighter note, our car has suffered a mysterious disaster in the fact that apparently nothing is holding the exhaust system on and the corresponding parts are bent and /or mangled. ???

Can't wait to get up tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ariele O'Brien said...

Wow, this has been a terrible week. I think the worst tragedy was the selfish teacher who didn't love her daughter as much as she loved herself. Sorry to hear about Ange's back. Would he ever consider going to a chiropractor? I have one and anytime I'm in pain he's able to tell me exactly what's out, then put it back. Ange should avoid the cortizone shots because the weaken the veins and make the problem worse in the long run. I learned this too late and now the veins in my right ankle are destroyed. (Though the shots did temporarily relieve the pain--but now I can't get the shots any more because the medicine destroyed the veins.) As for the cigarette smoke, wear one of those germ masks and tell them its for their own protection. It will at least inhibit some of the smoke. Why did you name it Matthew 6? Verses 19-34 would be great to read for this week that you are having...

crabbylove said...

I will mention the chiropractor, thanks.

Vitamin Wheel

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs