I left the zucchini and squash in big pieces. When they were soft, I picked them out with tongs and whizzed them in the food processor, and mixed them back into the soup. It came out a little plain, but ok.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
veggie soup
I had lots of veggies in the fridge that needed to be cook before I leave, so the easiest thing to do was make a big pot of soup. Into the pot went: 2 cups of cooked navy beans, package of zucchini , package of yellow squash, 1 onion, 2 salad tomatoes, 2 plum tomatoes, 2 bay leaves, a couple of sprigs of fresh dill, 1 can of tomato paste, 4 carrots, 4 ribs of celery with leaves, 1/2 cup apple juice and enough water to cover. (I also added 1/2 package of spinach at the end of cooking.) I think I also added some salt-free seasoning. Enough water to cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until everything is cooked.


I left the zucchini and squash in big pieces. When they were soft, I picked them out with tongs and whizzed them in the food processor, and mixed them back into the soup. It came out a little plain, but ok.
I left the zucchini and squash in big pieces. When they were soft, I picked them out with tongs and whizzed them in the food processor, and mixed them back into the soup. It came out a little plain, but ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment