Sunday, February 15, 2009

on the menu this week

Zucchini tomato frittata (no eggs involved) This was something of a bomb. I liked the zucchini filling, but I did not like the topping because it tasted just like eggs, and I hate eggs. Ange liked the baked "eggs" on top, but not the veggie filling. I am going to try again for him with a spinach-mushroom filling, cause this was really easy to make.


Butternut squash soup with spinach and black beans. I haven't decided if I like the black beans in it or not. I made this last week with kale and I really liked it. It is good with spinach, too. But kale is such a power food, that I am going to use it from now on. If you stir in the leafy greens at the very end of cooking, they don't overpower everything. When the soup is done, turn off the heat, stir in chopped greens, and cover. Let sit for a while.


Mini-chocolate "cheesecakes" (no cheese involved). This is the same recipe as the silky chocolate pie. I make these in mini-muffin form to keep myself from overeating them.


spicy bean chili: Just your basic chili recipe. Quick and easy.


Veggie "meat" loaf- I can't eat this, the texture is just like meatloaf.

2 comments:

Ariele O'Brien said...

I'd have to agree with you on the eggs...I can't stand them, the smell makes me sick! I'd probably like the meatloaf, where did the recipe come from his or fat-free vegan? The chili looks good too. I don't like chocolate or cheesecake, but John might like it. Where the cupcakes easier to make?

crabbylove said...

Okay, the veggie loaf is from the ETL website, with some minor adjustments to make prep easier.
The chili came from one of the blogs that I am linked to. I pretty much made the recipe except I added another can o' beans and cut back on the chili powder, since the powder I have seems strong.
The mini cheesecakes are better in the pie format, made with no crust. I just make it in muffins to keep myself from eating too much at once.

Vitamin Wheel

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs