Shanna, Matt, Savannah, and I went to SC this week for Joe's graduation. The weather was clear but very cold. We were able to spend Family Day (Thurs) and Graduation Day (Fri) together. On Thursday, we were not able to leave the base, but we had a nice time anyway. We went to the museum, went shopping at the PX, sat by a lake, and sat in the car when it got too cold. Joe had plenty of funny drill sargent stories to tell us. On Friday, after the graduation ceremony, the soldiers got a pass to leave the base for the rest of the day. We took Joe to Olive Garden for a late lunch/ early dinner. This morning (Sat) we headed home, while Joe headed to the airport for his flight to AZ. He has his cell phone back (for now), so it will be easier to stay in touch. Here are some pics of the trip:

Look at the icicles on the palm tree statue in the background.

This is Alpha Company lined up for graduation.

At the end of the ceremony each company marched by for review. Here is Joe in the middle.

proud momma

At the museum.

Joe and a friend.

Waiting for a table at Olive Garden.
2 comments:
Burr...it's snowing here today, but I think it was colder where you were because of the wind. I'm so proud of Joey. ;)
I love the pix, can't wait to see the rest of them. I sent them over to my own email and will soon order the prints from Walgreen's. You look so beautiful in your classroom...and anywhere else that you managed to be at.
Glad you love your job, even when it gets hectic, it's good to have a place that's not dreadful to face each day.
Oh, Joe-Joe looks so handsome in his uniform. We are so proud of him and I would love to hear him tell those Sgt stories!
Post a Comment