First the soup. Here are most of the ingredients.
Split Pea Soup (based on a recipe by fat free vegan) This soup is so easy. Chop the veggies in the food processor, and toss everything in the pot to simmer for an hour or so.
At the end, I added some spinach and blended the whole thing up.
I also made Butternut Squash Soup. It has to be some of the best soup I have ever eaten. My only regret is that I did not note which website I got the recipe from, so I can't give proper credit. Anyway, here goes: Peel and chop an onion and 2 or 3 garlic cloves. Cut up and peel 2 small butternut squash.
Now for the fun part, the bike ride :) The weather was really nice again, cool and breezy, but warm in the sunshine.We decided to ride the Port Charlotte 'Beach'. Pretty pathetic as far as Fl beaches go, but it is peaceful, and nice to sit by the river. More importantly, it is within biking distance.
This is a bridge we cross:
We call it the bat-bridge cause there is a large (flock? gaggle? pride? herd?) bunch of bats that live underneath it.
When we got to the beach we found a some trees and parked ourselves for awhile.
We got there just in time to see some dude launch this:
And then he was gone....
3 comments:
Wow, Pt. Charlotte beach looks bigger and prettier than I remember, perhaps I just miss beaches that much! Where are you anyway? I tried calling? Are you in NC?
Nope, we leave tomorrow. I didn't hear the phone, I must have missed it :(
we're on our way to vancouver bc
Post a Comment