Wednesday, January 7, 2009

the joy continues

As I arrived at work this morning I was greeted with the news that we (charlotte county educators) , will more than likely be receiving a 2% pay cut.

I am going to pet the dog now. And perhaps make a pot of soup.

3 comments:

Ariele O'Brien said...

When all else fails, pet the dog! I'm sorry about the pay cut, that sucks! Teachers always deserve raises. Are the teachers going to go on strike? They do that in WA every year--it's a bit over board to do it every year, but perhaps this would be a good time for the union down there to get together and tell the parents that if they think you deserve less money to teach their children then they can try your job for a while!

carol said...

I am truly sorry that you have had such a week of trials with the tragedy of the teacher, Ang's back, the car and the cigarette smoke you have to deal with.
May the Lord stretch your pay even further than you can imagine as only He can.
May the Lord keep your lungs clear from that evil tobacco.
May the Lord heal Ang's back w/o the doctors involved.
May you always know to turn to the Lord not only in trying times but in the best of times as well. Amen

crabbylove said...

Ariele- no strike, it's either cut pay or people start getting laid off, so instead it's bigger classes and less money

Mom- thanks and amen

Vitamin Wheel

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs