Tuesday, January 13, 2009

my messy desk

I like my schedule this year the best of any so far:
Language Arts9-10, Language Arts 11-12, Science 11-12, Career Prep 11-12, and Unique Skills 9-10.
But,
w
hen my desk gets like this I know there is too much is going on at once.

Note the pile of books on my work table. The stacks of papers and folders that all need my attention. Grades are due this week (by the time I finish inputting and uploading my wrist is killing me). My homebound student, like many teenagers, does not give school a thought when a mean grown-up is not around to nag him. So he is weeks behind in all of his classes from all the school he missed before I started with him, and this is the last week we can turn anything in. Plus, I have got to get ready for missing three days next week. I never miss work. It is not worth the trouble. Normal planning for me is jotting down a few notes in my lesson book. When you have to plan for the sub, you have to write each and everything out and plan double the amount of stuff just in case. It takes forever. Just to confuse things, next week I am getting a new Science class, so that will be my first week with them, and I am not even going to be there for most of it. I also have to find time to take my old Science students' projects to another school to bind them into a book. We don't have the binding machine on our campus. When am I supposed to do this before the end of the week?
If anyone is still reading this after all of that moaning, I really do like my job. This is just one of those weeks when everything happens at once. I really hope that I get to continue in this setting next year, but with all the budget cuts, I have a feeling I am going to get stuck somewhere really uncool.

2 comments:

Ariele O'Brien said...

Hey, what's up with next week? How come you have to miss work. You never miss work--I hope you're doing something fun. Sorry you have so much to do this week. Wish I could help somehow. Love you. P.S. You look beautiful!

crabbylove said...

Thanks. I am going to Joe's graduation next week.

Vitamin Wheel

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs