Saturday, January 10, 2009

spinach bean dip

So I saw Giada make something like this on TV last week, and I thought I'd try it. I had to make it from memory, so I'm not sure its quite right. I started with:
2 cans of white beans, garlic, lemon, balsamic vinegar, and spinach
I steamed the spinach and roasted the 2 cloves of garlic. In the food processor: the beans, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, juice of 1/2 lemon, and about half of the spinach. Mix until desired smoothness, and put in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Eat with fresh veggies to dip in:
If you like balsamic vinegar, lemon, and garlic, this is pretty good veggie dip.
Oops! I did a little research (belated) and I found the original recipe here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/everyday-italian/spinach-and-cannellini-bean-dip-recipe/index.html

2 comments:

Ariele O'Brien said...

I'm not a big balsamic vinegar fan. I like Red Wine vinegar. Did you see John's new post? I haven't checked to see if there's comments yet, you might have even commented already.

crabbylove said...

Yes, poor guy.

Vitamin Wheel

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs